Field Visit #3

 Time: October 9, 2:40pm

Temperature: 61° F

Weather: Mostly cloudy 

Day Length: 11 hrs 40 minutes (7:51 am - 7:11 pm)

Observations: 

There was lots of bird activity during this visit. I heard lots of birds in all parts of my area but especially in one area where there are some trees but not a lot. I noticed that more trees had yellow or red leaves instead of green leaves. I also noticed that a lot of small insects around. One interesting thing I found as that all they yellow weeds or flowers I saw in my first visit had changed and were fuzzy(see picture below). I also noticed that one tree was bright red(see picture below) and I wonder what that one is so much different than all the other trees. 

Changes:

This time there was a lot more bird sounds and I think that is because it was very nice outside. I'm also starting to notice that things are starting to die as it gets colder. Things like small trees or bushes. I also saw a lot more of the New England Aster this visit than I did last visit. 

Pictures 



Panorama of my area,



Under a large pine tree in my area(compare to 1st visit)




Yellow flowers/weeds that tuned fuzzy


Very red tree

Leaf Color and Fall Research





North

South

East

West

I'm noticing that the amount of green is going down but it's not going down at the same rate in all directions. I wonder if this is simply because they're different trees or if it is something else. 





































Comments

  1. Good! Start to take a look at what types of trees you have. Keep looking for patterns in the color change and leaf fall. You may want to look into what is creating the red also at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment