Field Visit #2
Time: September 26, 6:40 pm
Temperature: 56° F
Weather: Rain
Day Length: 11 hrs 58 minutes (7:36 am - 7:34 pm)
Observations:
Very few bird sounds, I heard about 3 bird calls in the densest part of the woods. Also I hard no insects accept for I heard a cricket in a dense bush. I was out in the rain so most of what I heard was the rain on leaves. I noticed that the leaves had more color in them. I also noticed that the colors seemed brighter, I think the rain and the grey clouds made the colors seem more vibrant. I noticed that the yellow flowers or weeds had mostly died and were replaced by lots of purple flowers that I believe are New England Aster.
Changes:
This time I noticed more leaves on the ground and less green leaves, but there were still quite a few. I also noticed that the small plants, flowers, weeds, etc. were different from last time. Last time I saw more weeds with yellow flowers but this time most of them looked like they had died.
Pictures
Good observations. Start watching for patterns in color change and leaf fall.
ReplyDelete